Friday, August 1, 2008

Campout on Mount Graham

Nicole posing (as always) in front of Post Spring.
Breanna just after she got back from a walk.

Ashley out in the meadow at Treasure Park.
Ester and I decided we wanted to have a campout with the two of us and our kids up on Mount Graham. Nelson pulled up her camper but Brian was working and couldn't pull up mine and I wasn't going to pull at 26' trailer up the windy mountain. That means I was left to sleep in a tent with Nicole and Ashley.
Breanna slept on a cot outside with her cousins, BRAVE. Super brave because a family of skunks visited our campsite every nite and passed right under their cots and the kids slept out there the second night knowing all of this.
So I was sleeping with Nicole and in the middle of the night she started coughing really bad and she ended up puking all over our sleeping bags, pillows, hair and sleepers. It was disgusting but I had nothing in the tent to clean up with and I couldn't get to the suburban because there were skunks outside. I had to choose between sleeping with the puke smelling burning my throat or wandering into a skunk, I chose the puke. The rest of the night I didn't sleep well because Nicole kept coughing, the puke was killing my throat and I kept wondering if the skunks would be attracted to the skunk smell and come investigate. The next morning I felt sick and knew I had to go home (an hours drive away) and take the laundry and get a shower and some sleep. I went home and left the two oldest with Ester and then came back the next morning with Brian and Nicole.


No comments: