Wednesday, January 20, 2010

IMG00117.jpg

Nicole is home today because she is sick. She made this little face by mixing up the clay that was her slug a few days ago.
I spent 12 hours yesterday pouring through receipts, 12 months of bank statement X 2 bank accounts and looking up service accounts so I could input the numbers into a spreadsheet to calculate my expenses. The worst part was writting down every gas purchase made during the year, 4 pages. Then I had to cross reference those with receipts I had because sometimes we buy gas with cash and that won't show up on a bank statement. And some of the receipts have lost most of their ink from being in the hot car so I play detective trying to figure out if they were cash or debit.
Now I get to go through my mileage and calculate how much was business.
Most people would just take the standard .55 cents per mile rate. But my suburban only gets 10 mpg and has a lot of expensive repairs.
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

No comments: