Tuesday, March 30, 2010

There here!!

What's here?
Why the cricut cartridges and baby kittens of course.
Yesterday I received my first two cricut cartridges in the mail. My cricut expression machine that I ordered will not be here until Wednesday. I just couldn't wait to use the new cartridges so I borrowed my friend's machine. Previously I had purchased extra mats to have and they came in handy.
My favorite cartridge is the Once Upon a Princess because it has lots of things for the little girls to do. The first thing I did with these is cut paper princess dolls out for Ashley and Nicole. You can see one of the dresses I cut out for Nicole's princess. She glued it together herself.
This is how the kitchen table looked at the end of the crafting session.
I made this for Breanna
I made this teddy bear for Nicole. It's really small about 2x3, super cute.
And Ashley gets the kid ridding in the car.
This cutout reminded me of being a child because we had a toy metal car similar to this one.


And the other things that decided to arrive last night were kittens.

It was obvious Eva was going to have her babies last night because she was whining a lot and acting strange. She really wanted to be in any of the kids bed but I wasn't going to have her birth kittens on a bed. I took her out of their rooms and shut their doors. She wanted in, she stood outside their doors meowing until she woke all the kids up. Every girl tried to sneak Eva into their room so she would be quiet. Eve even went and meowed to the closed master bedroom door where Brian was sleeping inside. He wanted her sent outside because he couldn't sleep. It really was annoying her constant loud meowing to be let in.

I set up her birthing box in the laundry room and shut her inside. She didn't like that. She meowed and meowed to be out, but at least the noise was dampened.
I left the door in the laundry room that goes outside open, in case she wanted to go outside. After about 20 minutes of her being in the room the meowing stopped so I went to check on her. She hadn't gone outside, she was in her birthing box and looked exhausted.
I stayed with her a while and rubbed her body to relax her. She really liked that and relaxed a lot and even tried to catch some sleep.

I don't know how long after that the kittens were born. I don't imagine it was much latter judging my the discomfort Eva seemed to be having. It was now 2:00 and I couldn't stay awake any longer. There is nothing worth watching on TV at that time of night and I wasn't going to start a movie. I shut the back door and headed off to sleep and this is what I found when I woke up.

Two baby kittens!

I didn't wake up in the morning to get the kids off to school. Brian did all that, I was exhausted. But I did hear the girls excitement for the kittens. Thanks Brian for getting the kids to school!

Brian's boss and his boss's boss are coming to visit Brian today at the Safford Branch. The reason for the visit is because Brian's boss need to show his boss a location where things are working smooth. Brian's biggest concern is, where is he going to take these two men out to eat. In a big city they would have lots of nice restaurants to choose from, not here. I wonder what they will finally decide on.

No comments: