Sunday, January 9, 2011

Door Nameplates

I finally did it!
I have been wanting to put my kids name on their door. When I first got my cricut I cut out their names in simple font and painstakingly applied each letter on a carefully drawn line I drew on the door. Each letter had to be individually lined up for height and spacing, took me forever.
I made these nameplates with a SVG frame templates I purchased from my vinyl designer and then in SCAL I added their name. I also have transfer tape at my disposal, this project would not be possible without transfer tape.
Simple yet beautiful.


Did you notice the door knob? They were gold before and now oil rubbed bronze. No, I did not buy new ones. I painted them with Rust-Oleum metallic advanced formula. Love this spray paint. It's super durable and works on almost any surface. It also has little specks of glitter in the paint that can only be seen when the light hits it just right. I have purchased bottles of this spray paint and my kids think I'm going to spray everything in the house with it until the whole house turns this color. Silly kids, mom wouldn't do the whole house.

I hope they never stop selling this advanced formula in this color. I hear other people in other towns have a hard time finding this in stock. So far so good at my local Home Depot.

2 comments:

The Other Oyler's said...

Hey would that work on like plumbing fixtures? We like that bronze so much but didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. This sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for some nice blogs and found this one, this is really a nice blog and thanks for shearing information related to Door Name Plates