Friday, May 7, 2010

Ashley's Track Meet

The Thatcher Jack Daley Primary School had their annual 1st grade track meet today.
Each child was able to participate in 3 activities.
Notice above how Ashley gets whacked in the head with the baton during the trade off. I didn't notice it at first because I was looking at Ashley, the boy handing the baton to Ashley is holding his pants up.


Catching some air.

She participated in the jump rope (6th place), 50 yard dash class relay (seen in photos, her class won) and the backwards race (2nd place).

She wanted to wear her softball shoes so she can run fast. I was against it but, Brian said let her do it if that's what she wants. He's right, it doesn't hurt anything. I do wish she would have let me put her hair in a ponytail. She told me she had done her hair pretty the last three days and she wasn't going to do it today.
OK, I get the message.
And yes, she picks out her own clothes she's going to wear to school. Most of the time I let her wear her sense of style unless it's just really bad, then I have to intervene. 

After the meet I took her to Denny's and Brian met us there for lunch. She had a fun day.

No comments: