Friday, May 14, 2010

Socks and Cats


I ran across this scene tonight while I was checking on the kids. For some reason cats LOVE Ashley. Usually when the mother cat is in the house for the night she sleeps right next to Ashley. This was a first for a cat to sleep on Ashley. I wonder what it is about her over the other two girls they like so much. All 3 girls love the cat and kittens as much as their siblings. But there is differently something about Ashley that cats love.
I wonder if it's just cats or all animals. We don't have any other pets (other then a Betta fish) so I don't know.

I made Nicole 10 pair of decorated socks for her birthday coming up here shortly. This is a pair with frog ribbon. The girls love this frog ribbon and have several hair pretties made that will match it. Other pairs have white lace, beads, or different colored ribbon. Nicole is asleep in this photo, I snuck into her room to try the sock on and see how it fit stretched out a little bit on the leg.
When Breanna was young and it was her birthday I would buy her lots of toys. I thought she needed lots of toys to be happy. I learned over the years to instead buy a few select toys that you know they will actually play with. Their room is cleaner because they don't have an overflow of toys coming out of the toy box or shelves. Instead I made it a point to buy/make gift that are sentimental or that the child needs along with a few good toys, because they are still kids.

No comments: