Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shed / Playhouse is Coming Along






The shed / Playhouse is coming along and the girls are getting so excited. Here Nicole and Ashley are inside the playhouse portion.
Brian had a home builder buddy come over and help him a lot and it sped things up because he had a nail gun. Brian was so thankful for help that he took the friend his unopened stand up tool box he got for Christmas to thank him. I will miss that tool box, I had dreams of organizing Brian's tools so they were easier to find.
Notice how we made a sliding glass door for the playhouse out of a large window. We were going to build a dutch door but one day Brian and I were in Home Depot and I found this window. The window was a special order that was returned so it was marked down 50% and then they marked the window down an additional 50%. We picked it up for $70. For comparison, the small window on the side was full price at $70.
It's perfect, it lets in lots of light, seals out the elements and helps me see what is going on inside from across the yard (great when we have neighbor kids over and I want to see what they are up to).
I had to sell the idea of using a window for a door to Brian at Home Depot and he agreed just to make me happy but didn't like the idea. Once the siding was put up and then the window/door installed he loved it and thought it worked really well.

No comments: