Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Ashley and Nicole Christmas morning. The Belle was a gift to Coco, she already had one just like it only smaller. When she opened this larger Belle she ran into her room and brought back the little Belle.
Breanna and a gift of perfume she got. Notice the large rubber bank on her arm. She has a fascination with rubber bands right now. This one was used at a bank to wrap money, she thinks that is awesome.

For Christmas Eve my real estate deal I have been working on finally had the buyers into Pioneer Title that morning signing at 9:30. They were supposed to sign on the 21st but the Lender let us down. It's has been a nightmare between the 21st and 24th but we got the situation solved and I learned a lot from the experience.
After my signing the family packed up and headed to Esters, we arrived about 1:00. Brian's Grandmother was already there. We helped finish the prep for dinner and then transported some of the food to my mom's for the actual meal.
My mom made a really good turkey. The white meat which is usually dry was moist, good cooking mom. There was lots of pie to go around after. My niece made a key lime pie on her own that somehow got messed up. We were trying to figure out what the pie tasted like because it was very acidic. Yvonne got it right on when she said, it tastes like you throw up in your mouth. I didn't have any thank goodness.
My dad doesn't have a good sense of taste, to prove that he ate his whole piece. He said the taste was a little off but he finished that slice quickly so he could get to a different pie. My dad is never one to waste food. Brian and I think that you should not eat food you don't need/like just to clean your plate. You might as well just throw it away. It's also wasteful to eat more food than you need, it just makes you unhealthy, your basically using your body as a trash can for unwanted food.
We got home from the Daley's about 8pm and the headed to Grandma Lori's (Brian's Mom) to open the gift from her. After we got home each kid opened one present before heading off to bed. Ashley made sure Santa had his cookies and milk before she went to bed.
Brian and I played a few round of cards before we realized we hadn't wrapped any of the Santa presents. After we finished wrapping we got Breanna to be Santa and put the presents by the stockings, all except hers.
And then it was off to bed, Merry Christmas Eve!

At 4:00am Coco come into my room and announced that Santa had come. I then informed her of my new rule, you can't wake mom and dad until the sun is up. That bought us a few more hours. Christmas morning was spent like we always do it, the kids take turns opening presents with the Santa presents coming last.
This year from Santa Breanna received an ipod touch, Ashely received Disney princess polly pockets and make-up and Nicole received Disney princess polly pockets and a Tinker Bell vet kit. They kept saying this is the best Christmas ever and look how many presents I got. Brian and I were happy because they kids had such a good morning.
Brian made Christmas day breakfast while I proceeded to peel off all the labels and tape from the boxes and bags so we could reuse them next year.
For linner (when you eat in the afternoon between lunch and dinner) we made a traditional ham Christmas dinner, yummy yummy. Ashley made a chocolate pie for desert, good little helper.
Most of the day was spent playing Wii fit plus which I received from Lori the night before.

No comments: