Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mother's 70th Birthday Party

Close up view of top of lemon cake. I made a whole cookie sheet of these flowers and added edible pearl beads for the centers.
lemon cake

Double layer chocolate cake with raspberry filling. I added some of the yellow flowers from the other cake just for some extra fun. I now have a whole tupperware container of extra little flowers I can use for other projects.

Look what we can do in Arizona in December!
Nicole

Breanna and her cousin Amy

Ashley and her cousin Taylor


My mother turned 70 two days ago. There is no way she is seventy. Seventy year olds are old, arn't they. They older I get the less I think so. My mom still is very young. She works outside almost every day. She is still active in church and community service. She still has lots of irons in the fire and doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. If I age as well as her I will do well.
My nieces Britney and Nicole (and their families) who live in Texas came out for the week to visit their dad. Their dad is Lance, my second oldest brother. Britney was born the year after me and Nicole the next. Almost every summer growing up they came to stay with us for a few weeks. My siblings and I looked forward to their visit. We treated them just like another sister. If we had a job around the house, they had jobs.
Lance's wife Mia arranged a party to celebrate the girls visiting and it morphed into a celebration of my mom's 70th Birthday. I made two cakes to celebrate the occasion. I purchased the square and heart cake pans a few months ago and hadn't used them yet. This was the perfect opportunity to try them out.

No comments: