Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

To bring in the New Year we went to our favorite place, Mesa. We stayed at Brian's Grandmother's Wednesday the 30th through Friday the 1st. We feel very comfortable at her home, and also are welcomed. Brian's uncle Nelson (he's also my brother-in-law) was already there in Mesa on Wednesday with 5 of his 6 kids. His kids and my kids are BFF's and they had a great day playing at Grandma's. My kids call it Grandmas even though it's really their Great Grandma's. It is Nelsons kid's grandma. Confused yet?

The cousins left New Years Eve afternoon, they needed to get home for the party at their home that night. Brian and I went and bought some snack food and DVD's to keep us up until midnight. Brian's grandma went to bed about 9 but woke up about 11:30. All the kids were able to stay awake and see the ball drop on TV. It took on a new meaning this year because Brian had been in Times Square just a few months ago and he was pointing out where things were. Coco told me the other day that we need to spend every holiday in New York, I wish we could have that option. The last thirty minutes before midnight are the hardest to keep the kids up, they just don't care as much anymore. Now I get to hear people say Happy New year all next week. For some reason that bothers me after January 2nd.

I want 2010 to blow 2009 away. 2009 was not nice to a family making their living in real estate and mortgages. I want to be tuned into what my kids are feeling and experiencing. I want to write down more of their life for them to remember which means this blog will be used much more. And then there are the obvious wants; weight loss, clean house, more organized, better cook, nicer wife and mother. One thing at a time, jeez.

Brian bought me a red rose from a lady selling them outside Target, super sweet. It's even sweeter that he took me to Target and didn't hurry me up. Living in a small town I have Target withdrawals when I have to shop at Walmart. To make up for lost time I visit Target every time I go to Mesa and spend my time cruising the isles looking at the new items introduced. Walmart is the same thing day in and day out, boring.

With my husband being his Grandma's favorite married grandchild our kids naturally fall into the favorite great grandchildren. Brian and I were given a family present for Christmas, we were the only married grandchildren to get that. She gave us a book and video about Temples. My kids also received a children's songbook from her, for sure the only great grand kids that got a gift. She asked us to not tell anyone else so they didn't get upset. She just felt to tired to shop for anyone else. This is the least she has ever bought for Christmas and the closest she has felt to the real reason for Christmas, she might be onto something there. She sure does appreciate us and we appreciate her. I told her when we were leaving that Brian was glad he could spend the beginning of the new year with his favorite person besides his wife and children. She was really touched and gave me a hug, which we rarely do.

When we were there we replaced her printer with a extra scanner/fax/copier/printer we had laying around. I hope it works out for her. A few weeks ago we replaced the black ink in her old printer and ever since it keeps wanting to print a test page every time she wants to print. That gets real old and expensive quick.

No comments: