Friday, January 15, 2010

Quick trip to Mesa

Brian and I had to run to Mesa today to take a real estate appraisal final exam. We drove 3 hours there and 3 hours home to take a 20 minutes test. We did have a good day though. We were able to eat lunch at Chipotle, love their food. After lunch I ran into Ross while Brian ran into Staples.

I LOVE Mesa!

I bought new white sheets for $27 (the tag for $99 was still on them). Just last week a hole developed down where my feet are. I have ruined a few pairs of sheets because I must wiggle my feet at night. I'm not aware of me doing it, nor is Brian. But I must be doing it if I keep rubbing holes in sheets. Maybe I'm just trying to keep my feet warm at night, they always feel ice cold. I'll have to pay attention from now on if the sheets ever get ruined during the summer months.

I also bought some wall art for the wall. They were gold and Brian just didn't like them. For $10 I was taking the chance he would after they were spray painted oil rubbed bronze. Sure enough, I painted them this afternoon after getting home and he likes them. Who would of thought I could be such a thrifty genius.

We got home at 4:00 and the weather outside was gorgeous. I had the kids come outside with me to do yard work, yippee! We raked the back side yard underneath the olive tree. I think that tree provides great shade but I hate cleaning up under it year round. It's always dropping these yellow balls that turn black, they cover the ground. These balls are so hard a blow torch doesn't even get rid of them, I know I've tried. Why anyone would plant this tree on purpose or a nursery stock it, is beyond me.

No comments: