Sunday, April 18, 2010

Here is my first project glass etching gallon jars. I made three today, one for each of my girls.


First, I cut out the black vinyl with the cricut. Then, I taped around the edge of the vinyl so no etching paste would get on the glass.


Next step is to apply the etching paste.


I left this on for 5 minutes, scratched it off and then added another coat for 5 minutes.
This stuff can be reused so scoop it into the bottle after use.


I used a plastic spoon as my applicator and scrapper.

Now rinse off the residue.


Here is the finished jar.
This little girl with the kitten was made for Nicole.


Ashley has the unicorn. I drew a simple eye just to give the head some detail.


Breanna got the LOVE, this is so her right now.

All the lids have been spray painted bright pink only on the outside. Now I get to see what they will put in them. Ashley said she is going to fill hers up with money, sounds like her.

No comments: