Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I love the snow:)

This view is looking back north towards Thatcher a little after I passed the ponds. I drove a lot farther back and higher than this. Our house is almost on the other side of the small mountain. You can probably see the little mountain from pictures we take in our backyard.

This is about as deep as the snow got for me.

This is the only saguaro I saw on the drive, Mount Graham is in the background.

Nicole still in her sleepers.

I had her grab her snow coat, put a pair of pants on and slip on some shoes so we could leave the house as soon as possible.

After Nicole and I got back from driving down the road that leads to the mountain I couldn't go inside the house, I needed to stay outside and see the snow. I love the snow because I live in Arizona and it never snows. If it does "snow" it's only a dusting. That's why our family takes so many trips to the mountains when it's winter. I like seeing the snow but I wouldn't want to live in a place where you have to deal with it on a daily basis for weeks on end.

Anyways, I took the suburban down the road that goes past the ponds and corrals and up to the mountain. At the beginning of the road there was no snow and then little by little as we climbed higher the snow got thicker. We were the only ones out there and so the landscape was pristine in front of us. I would stop whenever I saw something awesome and take pictures and really enjoyed my time. I kept wishing I had kept Bre and Ashley home with me so they could have seen it also. We made a tiny snowman out of powder dry snow. I also noticed deer tracks in the snow.

No comments: